Contactez Wind Spirit, la boutique en ligne de planche à voile, kiteboard et SUP à Montréal, Québec, Canada Suivez WIND SPIRIT, la boutique en ligne de planche à voile à Montréal, Québec, Canada sur Facebook Suivez WIND SPIRIT, la boutique en ligne de kitesurf à Montréal, Québec, Canada sur Facebook Suivez WIND SPIRIT, la boutique en ligne de surf à pagaie SUP à Montréal, Québec, Canada sur Facebook Suivez WIND SPIRIT, la boutique en ligne de planche à voile, kitesurf et SUP à Montréal, Québec, Canada sur Twitter Suivez WIND SPIRIT, la boutique en ligne de planche à voile, kitesurf et SUP à Montréal, Québec, Canada sur Instagram Suivez WIND SPIRIT (boutique en ligne de Windsurf, Kiteboard et SUP) sur Google+

Boutique en ligne de Windsurf, kiteboard et Stand Up Paddle au Canada et aux USA. Online shop of Windsurf, kiteboard and Stand Up Paddle in Canada and in the USA Boutique en ligne de Windsurf et planche à voile au Canada et aux USA. Online shop of Windsurf in Canada and in the USA Boutique en ligne de kitesurf, kiteboard au Canada et aux USA. Online shop of kitesurf, kiteboard in Canada and in the USA Boutique en ligne de stand up paddle, SUP, planche à pagaie au Canada et aux USA. Online shop of stand up paddle, SUP in Canada and in the USA
Livrer aux usa ($USD) / Livrer au Canada ($CDN) Français / english
0 item / 0,00 $CDN
windsurfing planches Starboard 2013 - Nuevo Wave -15%

windsurfing planches Starboard 2013 Nuevo Wave -15%

Modèle   Vol. Prix Spécial Stock ?  

Désolé la description en francais n'est pas disponible

The NuEvo is a high-performance surfboard style wave board. It excels in sideshore to side-onshore conditions, from knee to logo high waves. Its specialties are tight rail turns with excellent rail-to-rail transitions and extra-tight top turns. The NuEvos still have good capabilities in larger side-offshore wave conditions.

Jumping and aerials are helped by the hyper-compact outline, which reduces swing weight and the wider tail helps boosting off ramps.

The NuEvos are comfortable boards for general sailing with forward Vee and soft rails that dampen the effects of chop. 

History of the NuEvo

James Hooper, NuEvo shaper and designer:

“The idea of the Nuevo (previously known as the Chopper) came about 4 years ago. There were a few ideas I felt were missing in the current crop of production boards.

I started building some longer boards with wider tails and twin fins set close to the rails. These boards were working relatively well but still felt like they were missing something. I started thinking about what the extra length in the nose and tail was doing and I ended up cutting off the nose and tails and reshaping a board that I already had (hence the name Chopper).

It ended up being a funny looking board but when I tested it, it was really good. It still had plenty of drive and felt looser and even more responsive to foot movement than before. I thought it was good so I gave it to Ben Severne to try out at Margaret River and he came back being stoked about how well the board went. I decided to make a few more and refined the shapes to fit the shorter lengths.

These boards were working really well now. We sailed the boards all over the place from Gnaraloo to Geraldton and even Indonesia. I started to give the boards to others to try and got some really good feedback.

Through this feedback we made changes. We’ve done a lot of testing and made a lot of alterations since then. Some of the changes we kept and some of them we changed back to where we started. A few hundred boards down the track I’m really happy with how the boards have evolved and how the boards are feeling now.

I’ve built the NuEvos/Chopper style boards in sizes from 60 to 120 litres, and I’ve been really lucky to have people of all abilities and sizes to test these boards and give me feedback. Now I’m looking forward to developing them even further and seeing where the evolution takes them.” 

Design and Performance

Rocker:

Medium rocker is a comfortable balance between drive and release. Suits the largest range of conditions and riders. The entry rocker is high enough for reliable re-entry into steep sections or small, tight waves.

Wave size:

Best performance in waves from 1 – 5 foot. (knee to logo high) and cross-onshore to sideshore winds.

Fin type:

Twin. Wide spaced fins emphasise the twin fin feel of the board and makes sure a fin is engaged even in the most on-rail turns. A slight toe in of the fins makes the board more responsive to rider input and gives the board a real surfboard feel.

Bottom shape:

Flat through the nose section into V accelerating towards the tail. Double concaves from just in front of the mast position, finishing just in front of the fins.

Rails:

The Nuevo has a flat deck shape with progressive rails. The flat deck gives the feel of a thinner board while retaining the float of a thicker board. Rails forward of the mast track are a full rounded section to prevent tripping in chop.

Tuck is maintained through the mid-section to provide grip through rail turns. There is a small amount of tuck through the tail section with a sharp edge for release. The Nuevo’s surfboard style rails give the board a lively and responsive feel. 

Construction Volume Longueur Largeur Poid Fin box Fin size Grandeur de voile

Starboard 2013 - Nuevo Wave -15%

Votre question :

Votre nom :

Votre courriel :

Votre téléphone :

Entrez le texte de l'image :